Thursday, March 09, 2006

Googled your own name recently?

So this was a topic of conversation at dinner last night. Which is how the "Unfortunately Gad" post came to be. It's a silly little game you can play - googling the phrase "unfortunately (your name here)" and seeing what comes up. For instance, when I google "Unfortunately Stacey" I get interesting little bits of sentences like:
- Unfortunately Stacey thought nothing of hanging her wedding dress from one of the ceiling sprinklers in her bridal suite and this caused large amounts of ...
- Went to Scorpion King tonight, unfortunately Stacey got Violently ill during the movie and we had to leave after about 45 minutes. ...
- Unfortunately, Stacey seems to have it less so together when guys are concerned. The last guy she met and fell in love with was 6 years her junior. ...

Things like that. Anyway, Gad claimed his name doesn't come up when Googled, so I did the little "unfortunately Gad" post to prove him wrong. Thing is, this morning, I did Google "Gad Lim" - and got several hits, including a letter to a newspaper editor from October 2003, answers to an interview with young Filipino fiction writers, and a sermon listing at First Baptist Church from October 2005. So there!

You may think I don't have enough to do, if I'm googling your names. The truth is I have so much to do I can hardly bear it. So I take refuge in hanging out online, writing to you guys, and taking quizzes with Becky. ;)

p.s. if you haven't taken the denomination quiz yet, try it - it's fun. Becky is supposedly a Seventh Day Adventist and I'm an Episcopalian. What about the rest of you?

2 comments:

laurcat said...

im a seventh day adventist, then assemblies of god, then episcopalian. well i USED to be a SDA at any rate.

earthchick said...

Wow! - Lauren and Becky and I should just start our own little SDA fellowship.... [can we use a little Anglican liturgy? ;) ]