Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Concert!

Hi, all!

I thought I would invite you to a concert this Friday. The Orpheus Singers, one of the choirs at the School of Music, is performing two Bach cantatas, a handful of madrigals, and a set by an American composer, Ned Rorem. I'm conducting one of the Bach cantatas (number 12). It is absolutely beautiful music. I'll try to figure out how to post a link to my notes.

The concert begins at 8pm and is in the Blanch Anderson Moore Hall at the SoM. The BAM Hall is one of the coolest spaces in the SoM as it is in the very basement and seriously looks like one huge bathtub.

You can get to the SoM by taking either the Northwood or Bursley bus to the Pierpont stop and walking across the street, or you can drive there (Fuller to Bonisteel, left on Murfin, left on Duffield, left on Baits) and park your car in the lot. If you'd like better directions, let me know. Like all SoM events, there is no charge for admission.

No comments: